(ENGL 343) Asian Literature
Studies in English original literature and translations of the major classics and modern Asian literatures such as Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, and Near Eastern languages. Emphasize fiction and drama, but also include poetry and other genres.
1. Appreciate the major classic and modern Asian literatures, including Chinese, Japanese, and Hindi languages.
2. Comprehend and reflect upon the intellectual, moral and aesthetic value and richness of those literary texts.
3. Learn about and engage in informed discourse and debate about selected works of literature, criticism, and theory.
4. Find, analyze, evaluate, and assimilate new information related to the field of Asian literatures.
5. Compose, revise, critique, and refine persuasive critical papers in edited English.
6. Communicatein a clear, concise, and convincing manner in public and professional settings.
7. Understand, organize, integrate, and document successfully data from primary and secondary sources.
8. Work effectively with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.