(ENGL 251) Fundamentals of Literature
English 251 is a prerequisite to upper-division literature courses. Basic course in literary appreciation and criticism, literary terminology, and interpretive writing. Long library paper. Required of all English majors and minors.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
- Comprehend and reflect upon the intellectual, moral, and aesthetic value and richness of literary texts.
- Learn about and engage in informed discourse and debate about selected works of literature, criticism, and theory.
- Find, analyze, evaluate, and assimilate new information related to the field of English studies
- Compose, revise, critique, and refine persuasive critical papers in edited English.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and convincing manner in public and professional settings.
- Understand, organize, integrate, and document successfully data from primary and secondary sources.
- Work effectively with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.