(BUSM 381) Global Logistics Management
Introduction to the role of logistics and transportation in the global supply chain and distribution channel. Topics will include system design, inventory management, distribution operation, carrier selection, freight transportation, warehousing, packaging, and material handling.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the Key Elements of Logistics and International Logistics Management.
- Understand the Activities in the Logistical Channel.
- Understand and actually practice the process of sourcing, exporting, logistics, and importing from one country to another. This project is the main purpose of this class.
- How to work with 3rd Party Logistic Partners, what 4PL and LLP are.
- Understand how Logistics plays a vital role in effective and efficient supply chains.
- Map out a Logistical Process and how to Analyze Efficiencies.
- The Importance of Forecasting and the Vital Role Logistics Plays in that Process.
- Become familiar with negotiation principles
- Simulate power negotiation strategies practiced in the business world.
- Improve Negotiation Power and Technics
- Develop the necessary analytical skills for negotiating
- Identify the Key Challenges in Logistics Management and how to overcome them.
- Understand Key Terms used in the Logistics, including the Updated Incoterms.
- Understand the Planning and Control of Domestic and Global Logistics
- Understand issues with Protective Packaging and Materials Handling.
- Understand Inventory Management, Distribution Centers, and Plant or Warehouse Location
- Plan an effective negotiation that supports win-win negotiations.
- Ability to Recognize, Analyze, and Critique Key Managerial Decisions related to Logistics.
- Understand the Critical Issues Involved in Designing a Global Logistics Network.
- Understand the use of Information Technology Tools with Logistics Management.
- Become familiar with leading Logistic Professionals and Related Businesses
- Create a Logistics Manual that shows the steps from A-Z exactly what someone would need to know to import and export an item to and from a country.