(ENGL 201) Literary Analysis and Research
In-depth experience in analyzing and writing about literature to strengthen student’s abilities to think critically and communicate effectively. Requires a variety of oral and written responses to literature, including a research paper.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Comprehend and reflect upon the value and richness of literary texts for the expansion of the intellect, for the testing of new knowledge, and for affirming the values of literature as literature.
- Learn about and engage in informed discourse and debate about selected works of literature, criticism, and theory.
- Find, analyze, evaluate, and assimilate new information related to the field of English studies.
- Compose, revise, critique, and refine persuasive critical papers in edited English.
- Express themselves in a clear, concise and convincing manner in public and professional settings.
- Understand, organize, integrate, and document successfully data from primary and secondary sources.