(PSYC 357) Cultural Psychology
A study of the ways in which behavior is shaped and influenced by diverse ecological, social, and cultural settings and forces.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Describe and understand the complexity of culture and how it is used in psychology.
- Distinguish between collective and subjective culture.
- Identify the ways that culture transforms how we relate to each other and our social worlds.
- Apply cultural psychological concepts to basic and complex social phenomenon such was emotion, thinking, memory and acts of violence.
- Make the familiar strange and the strange familiar.