(ENGL 374) English Literature from 1780 to 1832: The Romantic Period
Includes the works of Burns, Blake, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Scott, Lamb, Byron, Shelley, and Keats.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Appreciate the British literature of the Romantic period, including works of Blake, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Byron, Shelley, Keats, and other writers.
- Comprehend and reflect upon the intellectual, moral, and aesthetic value and richness of those literary texts.
- Learn about and engage in informed discourse and debate about selected works of literature, criticism, and theory.
- Find, analyze, evaluate, and assimilate new information related to the field of Romantic studies.
- Compose, revise, critique, and refine persuasive critical papers in edited English.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and convincing manner in public and professional settings.
- Understand, organize, integrate, and document successfully data from primary and secondary sources.
- Work effectively with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.