(ENGL 371) English Literature to 1500: The Medieval Period
Selected Works from Old and Middle English literature, including the Beowulf poet, the Gawain poet, Chaucer, and Langland.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Demonstrate careful reading and reflection in written and verbal discussion.
- Synthesize and reflect on key questions.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate reliable sources, assimilate them, and create a cogent response.
- Create essays with a focused argument and cogent support from the text.
- Create a clear and engaging 15-minute Power point and presentation for the class.
- Create an informative class presentation with a carefully researched and documented handout.
- Take a productive role in group work.
- Develop a thoughtful response to works from different cultures.