(REL 225) Foundations of the Restoration
In this course, students will study key revelations, doctrine, people, and events related to the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ. As they do so, they will build upon their previous sequential and topical gospel study experiences. This course will provide the doctrinal foundation and historical context needed to gain an accurate understanding of Church doctrine and history. Students will study the scriptures, doctrine, and Church history in ways that relate to their lives and circumstances.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Upon completion of the course, the student will:
1. Have knowledge about and understanding of key revelations, doctrine, people, and events related to the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ.
2. Be better able to ask meaningful questions to use appropriate tools and resources for answers, including revelation.
3. Be better able to find answers to his or her own questions.
4. Be better able to use good evidence and reasoning to teach and help others.
5. Be more deeply converted to the Lord Jesus Christ (this outcome not evaluated on an individual basis).