Human Resource Management (BUSM 327)
The treatment of human resources as an organizational asset contributing to organizational objectives. Topics include planning, development, compensation and security, work- place environment, employee-management relations, auditing multicultural issues.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisites||BUSM 310 with a B- or better|
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with the terminology, concepts, and practices of human resource management
- Be able to carry out the responsibilities and duties associated with human resource management
- Gain a profound appreciation for the values of human capital and understand that human resources are the key to achieving organizational goals
- Know the strategic role of human resources in planning, staffing development, compensation and benefits, safety and health, employee and labor relations in an organization's operations.
- Understand that all managers at all levels are involved in human resource management.