(BUSM 310) Principles of Management
Fundamentals of management emphasizing organizational leadership, human resource management, and teamwork. Topics include motivation, organizational structures, multicultural environments, decision-making, corporate responsibility, and organizational change.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
|Programs||Accounting (BS), Business Education (BS), Business Management (BS), Hospitality and Tourism Management (BS), Human Resources Management Minor, Information Systems (BS), Organizational Leadership Minor, Public Management Minor|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the essential role a manager plays in an organization.
- Define management and its four basic functions: planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
- Gain practical skills required for a management role in areas such as decision making, strategic planning, communication, organizational change, motivation, and managing teams.
- Know critical management and leadership theories and philosophies and how to apply them.
- Define and apply tasks of human resources including performance management, talent development, and recruiting and hiring a diverse workforce.