(COMM 251) Introduction to Cultural Theory
An introduction to the major figures in cultural studies theory from the disciplines of anthropology, communication, humanities, literary criticism, history and post-colonial studies.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
1. Become a critical reader and thinker.
2. Achieve capacity to synthesize and integrate knowledge.
3. Communicate effectively and persuasively in speaking and writing.
4. Acquire deep familiarity with foundational theories and theorists.
5. Explore nexus between critical theories and personal convictions and beliefs.