(REL 250) Jesus Christ and the Everlasting Gospel
This course focuses on the eternal ministry of Jesus Christ and His divine roles and teachings throughout His premortal, mortal, and postmortal life. Special emphasis is given to the Savior’s central role in Heavenly Father’s plan for His children. Students are invited to deepen their love for and testimony of Jesus Christ and to become more devoted disciples. This course builds upon students’ previous sequential and topical gospel study experiences and is taught using blocks of scripture in context from across the standard works as well as the teachings of modern prophets.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Upon completion of the course, the student will:
1. Have knowledge about and understanding of the eternal ministry of Jesus Christ and His divine roles and teachings throughout His premortal, mortal, and post mortal life with special emphasis is given to the Savior’s central role in Heavenly Father’s plan for His children.
2. Be better able to ask meaningful questions to read texts closely and in light of historical context and current prophetic teachings
3. Be better able to reflect for personal application.
4. Be better able to use good evidence and reasoning to teach and help others.
5. Be more deeply converted to the Lord Jesus Christ (this outcome not evaluated on an individual basis).