(ENGL 420) Literature for Young Adults
Examination of literature written for adolescents; consideration of the role of young adult literature in secondary curriculum, and debates surrounding its audience, purpose, publishing, and content. Required of English majors planning to obtain teacher certification.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Be familiar with a broad range of YA books and authors.
- Understand the history, development, and characteristics of YA literature.
- Select appropriate quality YA books for classroom, school, and personal use.
- Analyze YA literature both verbally and in writing.
- Pair an appropriate YA book with a recognized classic literary work.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of at least one YA author.
- Understand generally the various genres of YA literature.
- Read quickly and to talk and write clearly and convincingly about what you read.