(MUSC 244R) World Jazz Orchestra
A large, flexible-instrumentation jazz ensemble that co-composes all its own music, learns primarily by ear, and is influenced by a wide variety of world music styles.
|Credit Hours||1.0 - 2.0 Lecture|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe basic musical processes and structures.
- Notate harmonic, rhythmic and melodic structures according to the conventions of tonal music.
- Demonstrate basic competency in sight-singing and foundational keyboard skills.
- Demonstrate an increased sensitivity to a diversity of musical styles, ranging from Western-Art music to World Music(s).
- Apply music technology skills to studio teaching, research or creative projects.
- Perform collaboratively in ensemble settings.
- Communicate proficiently through solo performance, demonstrating technical expertise in the principal area of study with attention to artistic and stylistic nuance.
- Critically evaluate musical performance.
- Demonstrate competency in teaching music to others and preparing music for performance in an ensemble setting.