(MUSC 401) Careers in Music
Information on bridging the gap between graduation and securing a living as a musician. Focus on individualized career development, business skills including marketing, and career self-management. In addition, students will create a professional portfolio including a website, resume, and headshot.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Winter - even years|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create a professional portfolio including a resume, bio, headshot, and website.
- Become knowledgeable about the practical skills needed to be self-employed musician (as many are) about marketing, and financial planning and management.
- Interview professionals who have achieved success professionally and artistically in music.
- Research entrepreneurship within the performing arts, explore the many options and avenues available after graduation; including graduate school, teaching, performing, music business, recording, and non-traditional careers.
- Reflect on career and portfolio fits that align with their interests and aptitudes.