(ECON 201) Principles of Macroeconomics
Introduction to macroeconomic principles with focus on market-based economic systems, determinants of output, employment and inflation, monetary and fiscal policy tools, and international finance.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Expected outcomes of this course include:
1. Apply basic mathematical tools to model and solve economic problems.
2. Demonstrate the economic way of thinking by applying marginal analysis to decision-making.
3. Describe how the performance of an economy is measured.
4. Describe how inflation, unemployment, fiscal and monetary policies of the government affect the growth and productivity in an economy.
5. Become familiar with short run fluctuations in the economy and the factors causing these business cycles.