(PHSC 100) Principles of Physical Science
An introduction to the basic concepts of physical science and the scientific method.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
- An understanding of why objects (such as a soccer ball) move the way they do and what forces govern that behavior.
- The ability to think and analyze the natural world in logical way.
- An understanding of gravity and the knowledge to explain why the moon does not fall out of the sky.
- An understanding of the behavior of atoms, how they bond, and why we can’t walk through walls. An understanding of how the Earth formed, how it fits in our solar system, and why it has the characteristics it does (such as why it’s hot in Hawaii, but cold in Siberia).
- A knowledge of plate tectonics and what causes earthquakes and volcanoes
- Knowledge of the history of stars.
- A grasp of the size of the universe.