Skip to main content


Office of the Registrar, LSB First Floor, (808) 675-3736

Student Debt Policy

Effective Winter 2021 Semester, the University will strictly enforce its current policy for student debt. Students who have a remaining balance of $1,200 or greater at the beginning of the Winter 2021 Semester will not be able to remain registered or enroll for classes. Immediate consequences include:

  • Registered classes for the coming semester will be dropped.
  • No access to on-campus housing.
  • No student employment.
  • SEVIS record terminated (for international students).
  • No release of the diploma (for graduating students).

Beginning Fall 2021 Semester, all student debt from prior semesters must be paid in full before a student may enroll or remain enrolled for the coming semester. Only debt for the current semester will be allowed on the student account. Students with debt from prior semesters will not be able to remain registered or enroll for classes. Email with any questions. *Same policy can be found under ‘Registration’ and ‘Tuition and Fees.’

Final Exam Schedule

Final exams are to be offered on a specific day and time as determined by the official final exam schedule. Students must plan travel, family visits, etc., in a way that will not interfere with their final exams. Less expensive airfares, more convenient travel arrangements, family events or activities, and any other non-emergency reasons are not considered justification for early or late final exams.

Exceptions to this policy should be submitted in writing to the dean of the faculty in which the course is housed as soon as possible.

Course Fees

See Tuition and Fees page.

Student Leave of Absence

See the Student Leave of Absence Policy.