(SPED 300) Education of Students with Exceptionalities
Overview of the history and development of special education including causes, identification, characteristics, and interventions of various exceptionalities.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Deepen knowledge and understanding of the history of how societies have dealt with persons with disabilities.
- Deepen knowledge and understanding of the laws that govern special education.
- Increase ability to recognize the instructional needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Increase ability to collaborate with other educators to help those with disabilities attain specified learning goals.
- Develop a disposition to resist ableism, to respect, and to love those with disabilities.
- Develop a disposition to help others resist ableism, to respect, and to love those with disabilities.
- Develop a disposition to have confidence that those with disabilities to reach their full potential as children of God.