(ACCT 203) Introduction to Managerial Accounting
Topics include product costing, fixed and variable costs, cost-volume-profit, budgeting, performance evaluation, international issues, and other information for decision making.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisites||ACCT 186 (for ACCT majors); MATH 107 & BUSM 230 (for non-ACCT majors); and ACCT 201 (w/C- or better for BUSM majors and B- or better for ACCT majors)|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
||Accounting (BS), Accounting Minor, Associate of Sciences - Business Management (ASBM), Business Management (BS), Business Education (BS)|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence in core accounting knowledge and general business principles.
- Communicate proficiently in accounting situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accounting standards and regulations including professional ethics.
- Work effectively with others in using critical thinking skills to solve accounting-related problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using technology in accounting contexts.
- Learn independently and understand the importance of continuous learning.