(BIOL 300L) Animal Behavior Laboratory
Laboratory for Animal Behavior. Fee required.
- Understand the history of the field of animal behavior, and how this influenced current research approaches.
- Understand how natural selection can cause evolutionary change in behavior.
- Describe how genetics can influence behavior.
- Differentiate between the various forms and functions of animal communication.
- Describe how and why animals learn.
- Understand the major functions of different animal behaviors, and how they evolved (e.g., foraging behavior, antipredator behavior, migration, aggression, etc.).
- Differentiate between various mating and parental care systems and understand their costs and benefits.
- Describe the evolution of social behavior, and evolutionary explanations for altruistic behavior.