(ART 442) Reading in Aesthetics
Problems and methods in aesthetic evaluation, appreciation, and criticism.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisites||ART 201 and either 202 or 316 and senior standing|
|Programs||Art Education (BA), Visual Arts (BA), Visual Arts (BFA), Film Minor|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define art and identify its functions and purposes.
- Explain criteria and use appropriate terminology in making judgments about art.
- Know key philosophers’ writings on aesthetics and debates about art.
- Analyze socio-political and cultural issues surrounding art.
- Defend one’s own position about art.