(ENGL 376) English Literature from 1890 to the Present
English literature from the aesthetic movement to the present, emphasizing major authors up to 1950.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use knowledge of the literary texts from 1890 to the present, putting them in their intellectual, moral, and aesthetic context in their writing.
- Apply appropriate theoretical texts to the analysis of British Modernist and Post-Modernist texts.
- Write persuasive, appropriately documented critical papers on works from the period using appropriate outside sources.
- Analyze texts with a closeness that will prepare them for encountering a variety of texts in their professional lives or graduate studies.
- Write sensitively to the very particular cultural and historical contexts of the literature in question.