(ENGL 376) English Literature from 1890 to the Present
English literature from the aesthetic movement to the present, emphasizing major authors up to 1950.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Programs||English (BA), English Education (BA), English Minor|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use knowledge of the literary texts from 1890 to the present, putting them in their intellectual, moral, and aesthetic context in their writing.
- Apply appropriate theoretical texts to the analysis of British Modernist and Post-Modernist texts.
- Write persuasive, appropriately documented critical papers on works from the period using appropriate outside sources.
- Analyze texts with a closeness that will prepare them for encountering a variety of texts in their professional lives or graduate studies.
- Write sensitively to the very particular cultural and historical contexts of the literature in question.