(SCED 350) General Methods for Secondary Teachers
The general methods course provides an introduction to effective teaching methods in secondary classrooms. These methods will provide a framework for discipline specific application.
1. Students will learn key instructional routines and practices to promote secondary students’ learning.
2. Students will demonstrate key instructional routines and practices to promote secondary students’ learning.
3. Students will analyze their instructional practice.
4. Students will collaborate with colleagues about their own and their colleagues’ instruction.
5. Students will examine authentic questions about secondary instruction through inquiry and analysis.