(IPB 311) NGOs and Conflict Transformation
The course explores the work that non-governmental organizations (NGO) do in the field, specifically in the development and implementation of programs, to address conflicts in communities around the world.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Learn about the inner workings of NGOs in the peacebuilding field, and the work done behind the scenes that allow these organizations to facilitate change in society.
- Develop and design programs and projects to bring sustainable change.
- Have the practical knowledge to contribute to NGO work immediately.
- Conceptualize the development of your own NGO in the peacebuilding field.
- Work with, contribute to and implement activities for an NGO in the field.
- Give meaningful, high-impact service back to the community with an eye toward creating and preserving peaceful initiatives.