(ENGL 351) Literary Criticism and Theory
Surveys literary criticism and theory from classical to post-modern schools.
1. Apply appropriate theoretical texts to the analysis of literary texts and other cultural productions.
2. Write persuasive, appropriately documented critical papers using appropriate outside sources.
3. Analyze texts using theoretical texts to frame their arguments.
4. Analyze literary texts and other cultural productions with a closeness that will prepare them for encountering a variety of texts in their professional lives or graduate studies.
5. Write sensitively to the very particular cultural and historical contexts of the cultural productions in question.