(MATH 214) Multivariable Calculus
Basic concepts and applications of vector calculus, multidimensional calculus, partial derivatives, and multiple integrations.
|Credit Hours||5.0 Lecture|
|Corequisite||MATH 301 recommended|
|Programs||Math Education (BS), Mathematics (BS), Mathematics Minor|
Course Learning Outcomes
The table below indicates which outcomes will be addressed in Math 214. (List of CLOs below aligns to the PLOs):
- Use algebraic, exponential, and trigonometric formulas in the context of multi-dimensional models.
- Perform the operations of calculus on functions and formulas in two or more dimensions.
- Be able to read and use theorems involving calculus of several variables, or calculus of vectors.
- Demonstrate mathematical thinking in written format and oral communication.
- Use of calculators and/or computer programs will be encouraged throughout the course.
- Participate in class discussion about the role of calculus and its applications in related fields.