(MATH 311) Introduction to Numerical Methods
Interpolation, curve fitting, numerical differentiation and integration, and numerical solutions to linear, non-linear and differential systems.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Programs||Mathematics (BS), Mathematics Minor,|
Course Learning Outcomes
- Students need this proficiency to understand problems and proofs.
- Content knowledge will be expanded; definitions and theorems are key to understanding calculus and how they help us develop a living knowledge of mathematics.
- Everywhere in the course. Each assignment is key in developing these skills in students.
- Students must be able to write solutions in a logical and cohesive manner; likewise, oral explanations are very important for the successful student.
- Students should have a good knowledge of calculator use, as well as desktop software for writing mathematics.
- While the course minimally prepares students for employment or graduate school, it enables students to begin their journey in their decision for graduate school, employment, or other decisions.