(MATH 334) Differential Equations
Methods used in solving ordinary differential equations and their applications. Numerical methods, series solutions, and Laplace Transforms.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Winter - even years, spring - odd years|
|Programs||Mathematics Minor, Mathematics (BS)|
Course Learning Outcomes
- Students need this proficiency to understand problems and proofs.
- Calculus is essential to success in this class.
- Content knowledge will be expanded; definitions and theorems are key to understanding calculus and how they help us develop a living knowledge of mathematics.
- Demonstration of steps in a logical and coherent manner is expected.
- Students must be able to write solutions in a logical and cohesive manner; likewise, oral explanations are very important for the successful student.
- Students should have a good knowledge of calculator use, as well as desktop software for writing mathematics.
- While the course minimally prepares students for employment or graduate school, it enables students to begin their journey in their decision for graduate school, employment, or other decisions.