(ART 380) Publication Design
A studio class familiarizing students with graphic design for publication. Through an investigation of multipage layout, students will create and arrange content to produce professional publications in digital and print formats. Fee required.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of concept development, layout, use of a grid, print specifications, typography, rhythm and pacing as it relates to publication.
- Communicate effectively verbally and visually in presenting their ideas and work.
- Enhance their knowledge of publication and prepress.
- Build upon their design skills to solve design problems for successful publication design.
- Learn publication design using Adobe InDesign.
- Learn to create a grid system and, using the grid, create a dynamic publication design.
- Have the confidence to work independently on projects in and outside of the classroom setting.
- Apply design principles and prepress knowledge to working with either real or made-up clients.