(ANTH 391) Narrative, Identity and Culture
Exploration of mythic, legendary, literary, and media generated cultural narratives used to construct identities including the personal, ethnic, religious, national, and global.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the critical considerations and theoretical vantage points on the relationship of narrative to identity and culture.
- Increase capacity to read critically, unpack the architecture of ethnographic writing, synthesize knowledge, and make applications to comparative examples.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively in speaking and writing.
- Develop capacity to productively engage intercultural peers.
- Address nexus between cultural, political, and economic understanding with personal convictions.
- Develop beginning framework for seeking productive interpersonal and intercultural relationships.