(SCED 430) Classroom Management in Secondary Contexts
An in-depth study of effective classroom management practices in the public school classroom. Emphasis will be placed on specific applications in the classroom for the master teacher.
1. Students can describe proven classroom management theories and models that provide a safe, positive classroom environment.
2. Students can develop and clear philosophy of classroom management.
3. Students can understand and apply positive, proven, appropriate behavior prevention and intervention strategies.
4. Students can understand inconsequential and consequential behaviors and strategies to deal with both.
5. Students can be aware of special needs students may have as learners some basic inclusion practices.
6. Students can develop confidence and skill to respond to difficult classroom behavior situations.