Public Management Minor
Hours - 18 Credit Hours
Effective Sep. 2021
Last Revision 9/19/2022
Holokai Category: Professional Studies
Sponsoring Program: Political Science
Faculty Unit Assignment: Faculty of Business & Government
Core Requirements - 9 Credits
Electives - 9 Credits
Choose one from each group
|Course Number||Title||Semesters Offered||Credit Hours||Prerequisites|
|ECON 200||Principles of Microeconomics||F, W, S||3.0||MATH 107 for non-ACCT majors and ACCT 186 for ACCT majors|
|ECON 201||Principles of Macroeconomics||F, W, S||3.0||ECON 200|
|MATH 121||Principles of Statistics||F, W, S||3.0||MATH 107 or MATH 110 or ACCT 186 (for ACCT Majors only) or Score 24 on Math Section of the ACT or 590 on Math Section of the SAT|
|POSC 304||Quantitative Political Research||F, W||3.0||POSC 300 or Permission of Instructor|
|PSYC 205||Applied Social Statistics||F, W||3.0||PSYC 111 and MATH 107 or MATH 110 or equivalent|
*Or other courses with Public Management Program approval.
Additional Program Requirements
No more than six hours in the minor may be used for the student’s major.
All passing grades will be accepted in fulfilling minor or certificate requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completing a major in political science, students will:
• Write an effective research paper using professional formats;
• Write an effective persuasive/analytical essay/report;
• Demonstrate competence using logical/analytical skills;
• Demonstrate an understanding of political philosophy/theory;
• Demonstrate the critical reading skills needed to engage professional journals/monographs;
• Demonstrate content mastery in international relations, law, U.S. government, Asia/Pacific, or public management;
• Conduct an effective oral presentation;
• Complete a meaningful internship or capstone paper.