(SCED 430) Classroom Management in Secondary Contexts
An in-depth study of effective classroom management practices in the public school classroom. Emphasis will be placed on specific applications in the classroom for the master teacher.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Corequisite||SCED 491 (except for non-certification track)|
|Programs||Art Education (BA), Biology Education (BS),Business Education (BS),Chemistry Education (BS), English Education (BA), Health and Human Science Education (BS) History Education (BA), Math Education (BS), Physical Science Education (BS), Physics Education (BS), Social Science Education (BA), TESOL Education (BA),Education Minor, TESOL (BA)|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe proven classroom management theories and models that provide a safe, positive classroom environment.
- Develop a clear philosophy of classroom management.
- Apply positive, proven, appropriate behavior prevention and intervention strategies.
- Aware of special needs that students may have as learners and some basic inclusion practices.
- Develop confidence and skill to respond to difficult classroom behavior situations.