(BUSM 429) Strategic Marketing Management
This is the capstone Marketing course. Working in groups, students work with a client on a major marketing consulting project that involves marketing research, strategy and creativity, culminating in a written report and oral presentation. Readings and cases focused on marketing strategy will also be discussed.
1. Speak fluently about the higher level principles and vocabulary of marketing in today’s ever-changing industry such as: UX (User Experience), blogging, social content creation, visual content creation, Google Analytics, influencers, etc.
2. Use critical thinking skills acquired in class to apply marketing principles and concepts to solve real-world problems
3. Understand and apply the marketing process including the following: analyzing and understanding the market, conceiving a marketing strategy, developing a more detailed marketing plan, customer-centric based theories, and all aspects of digital marketing tools
4. Deliver effective marketing presentations that include analytical and visual components including data, video, graphic design, etc.
5.Write well-organized, incisive, and persuasive marketing analyses and plans for digital, social, and blog media distribution channels
6. Demonstrate an ability to work productively in a team and speak to these experiences in a job interview setting