Cellular Biology (BIOL 442)
An advance study of cellular organization, mechanisms, and functions, including cell communication, transport, and cell division.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisites||BIOL 112/L, CHEM 106/L
(completion of BIOL 376 is strongly recommended)
Upon completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Know the structure and functions of each compartment of the cell
- Understand how proteins are sorted in the cell
- Understand the principle underlying cell movements
- Understand cell-to-cell communication and its impact on cell functioning.
- Describe cell junctions, cell adhesion, and the extracellular matrix.