Hours - 15 Credit Hours
Effective Sep. 2017
Last Revision 9/16/2022
Holokai Category: Professional Studies
Sponsoring Program: Business Management
Faculty Unit Assignment: Faculty of Business & Government
Required Courses — 15 Credits
|Course Number||Title||Semesters Offered||Credit Hours||Prerequisite|
|BUSM 180 or||Introduction to Business or||F, W, S||3.0|
|ECON 200||Principles of Microeconomics||F, W, S||3.0||MATH 107 for non-ACCT majors and ACCT 186 for ACCT majors|
|BUSM 304||Principles of Marketing Management||F, W, S||3.0||BUSM 180 and BUSM 320 w/C- or better|
|BUSM 421||Integrated Marketing Communications||F, W||3.0||BUSM 304 w/B- or better|
|BUSM 422||Marketing Research||F, W||3.0||BUSM 304 w/B- or better; Either MATH 121 or PSYC 205 w/C- or better|
|BUSM 429||Strategic Marketing Management||F, W||3.0||BUSM 304 w/B- or better, BUSM 421 and BUSM 422|
Additional Program Requirements
All passing grades will be accepted in fulfilling minor or certificate requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this minor, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental areas of business.
- Have knowledge of international business basics.
- Have knowledge of intercultural understanding fundamentals.
- Be able to prepare entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial business plans.
- Be able to solve problems.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead.
- Demonstrate commitment to service-mindedness.
- Demonstrate commitment to ethical behavior.