(CHEM 105) General Chemistry I
The principles of chemistry for science majors. Topics include measurements and units, stoichiometry, aqueous chemistry, oxidation-reduction reactions, energy, atomic structure, principles of chemical bonding and molecular structure, and behavior of gas.
This class will specifically help you:
1. Possess a working knowledge of the unifying principles of chemistry and the physical sciences.
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply chemical and physics principles to solve scientific problems.
3. Convey scientific ideas and knowledge clearly and professionally.
4. Have an awareness of current biochemical and physical science issues and their impact on society.
5. Demonstrate significant progress along the targeted career path.